Our aim is to make the world a better place. We can only do that by connecting with the beliefs which strongly motivate us, and by working together.
The challenges we face are serious: we will only be able to meet them if we work together with all the passion and energy we can manage, so our actions must be - must increasingly be - an authentic expression of our most important beliefs and values.
We cannot tell you what to do - and we would not want to, anyway. But we can share with each other the best ways we have found to make the world a better place, both locally and globally. We can't solve the world's problems but, equally well, we can't just sit back and hope someone else does it for us: we choose to play the part we are each capable of. We seek to be constantly learning, so that we may become well informed, about both the challenges we face and the best ways of responding to them.
Our goal, the specific way in which we seek to make the world a better place, is to create a community where people can thrive.
- Create. We want to attract the participation of people who:
- are seeking to help build a better world for everyone;
- are seeking to grow as individuals; and
- are seeking to connect beliefs and actions.
- Community. We offer a community where:
- you can explore the questions which are important to you and seek to deepen your understanding of yourself, of society and of reality in general;
- you can share any views you like (within the obvious limits, of course); and
- you can have your ideas explored and tested by people who, like you, want to understand better so they can live better.
- Thrive. We believe that we thrive:
- when we belong to a community where we are known, we are loved, and we love others;
- when our actions connect with our beliefs; and
- when our beliefs connect with reality.
Our strategy is to make use of the wisdom of the community, to learn how we can act as individuals and in groups to make the world a better place. We want to learn from as diverse a range of people as possible, so you are important: we need to gain from your unique insight, experience and expertise, and to understand your perspective as best we can - partly because it is important, and partly because it might help us to discover and (as best we can) adjust for our personal and corporate blindspots.
Our aspiration is to do all this in a way which is both open and ethical. Open, because we want to be open to all people and all ideas; and ethical, because wherever there is injustice, to remain neutral is to side with the oppressor.