This community springs from some initial ideas outlined by Paul Hazelden, and then developed by a Steering Group. This group has some obvious issues concerning its diversity, so we are seeking to recruit a Reference Group of people who have a greater experience of diversity and are willing to offer us their advice. If you would like to offer to be part of the Steering Group or Reference Group, or support this project in some other way, please contact us.
This is our second website: you can find the first site on PBWorks; we do not plan to migrate all the content and comments across, but if you think we have missed something worthwhile, do let us know.
The plan is that once we have a sufficiently large active community, there will be opportunity for the community to participate in choosing the Steering Group members. Until then, we are very happy to receive feedback about the community and ideas for the future.
In the longer term, one possibility is to run as a social enterprise along similar lines to 10Pines, an Argentine software company with a groundbreaking structure and corporate ethos. (For a brief introduction to the company, have a look at the BBC article about it.) We aim to follow the BIGS Model for decision making, as described by Semco Style Institute. We draw upon many of the Rochdale Principles of the Co-operative movement.
More About Us
The pages in this section of the site should help you understand why we are here and how we intend to operate.
- Background: why we set up 'Just Human?'
- Likes: there are many groups and websites we like and have learned from, and here are some of them.
- Donate: if you believe this is a worthwhile endeavour, you can support us financially,
- Admin: where you can discover all you want to know about the mechanics of this site and community.
- Admin Discussion: where we can discuss the administrative and technical aspects of the site.