[Back to Spiritual Challenges]
What does it mean to be human? People have discussed and argued about this for a long time. It is of general interest, but it also plays a significant part in shaping your understanding of other significant issues. We have addressed aspects of the question in several articles.
- What does it mean to be human? (Greek, Hebrew and Eastern perspectives)
- Human Nature (People are basically good and rational)
- You Are Not Your Brain (You are a living body, one important part of which is a brain)
- The Ghost in the Machine (The mind-body problem is only difficult if you forget that we are alive)
- Real Life (The difference between artificial life and the real thing)